Nima Massoomi, DMD, MEd, MD
Oral Surgeon & Dental Implant Specialist in Cupertino
Dr. Massoomi was born and raised in New York, while his father was completing his residency. A few years later the family moved to Northern New York, adjacent to the Adirondack Mountains, the site of the infamous 1980 Olympics.
He attended St. Lawrence University majoring in Biology and Chemistry and graduated Phi Beta Kappa. Subsequently, he moved to Boston to pursue a cancer research position at Boston University Medical School, studying the gene expression of Collagen and Elastin. After a few years, he moved to Pennsylvania to continue the same project. This is where Nima realized that being a so-called “lab rat” was not his calling.
He quickly shifted gears and pursued a dual-degree at the University of Pennsylvania Dental School and School of Education. While in dental school, he was one of only 10 students in the US to win a prestigious research fellowship at the National Institute of Health (NIH/NIDCR). With the hopes of pursuing an academic teaching position in the future, he decided to pursue a six-year residency program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Vanderbilt University. This is where he attended medical school, completed a one-year general surgery internship, and his residency in Oral Surgery.
Subsequently, after seeing the devastating effects of facial trauma during his residency, he partook in a Facial Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship at the Ohio State University under Dr. T. William Evans, fine-tuning his aesthetic surgery skills.
Finally, in the summer of 2008, he decided to hit the road. He moved to Northern California and co-founded “Silicon Valley Surgical Arts (SVSA). The aim: to create a ‘one-stop-shop’ for anything related to the face, from facial trauma to oral surgical procedures, including the beautification of the face and smile.
Then in 2010 he expanded his practice to Cupertino and formed a second office in the heart of the financial district. Part of his goal was to create more convenient access to care for his patients that may live in silicon valley. Dr. Massoomi is Board-Certified in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery and teaches at the University of Pacific School of Dentistry. He spends his free time biking, hiking, running and searching for the best burger in Cupertino.
- Fellowship – Facial Cosmetics Surgery, T. William Evans, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Chief Resident – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Residency – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Internship – General Surgery, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Medical School (M.D.) Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- Dental School (D.M.D.) University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Masters in Education (M.Ed.) University of Pennsylvania School of Education, Philadelphia, PA
- Basic Science Research, Collagan & Elastin Gene Expression, Boston University, Boston, MA
- Collage (B.S.) Biology/Chemistry, St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY
Ready to schedule an appointment with specialist Dr. Massoomi?
Contact Dental Implant Pro today with any questions or to plan your consultation!