Assisted Dental Implant Surgery in Cupertino
Are you preparing for dental implant surgery? Yomi Robot-Assisted Dental Surgery may be right for you.
Are you one of millions of adults who have lost or may lose permanent teeth? Dental implants are an option that can help you to maintain your quality of life. Dental implant placement planning and surgical precision can be enhanced using Yomi Robotics. Call our Cupertino office today to see if robotic-assisted dental implant surgery is right for you: Silicon Valley Surgical Arts Phone Number 408-253-6081.
Free-hand Dental Implant Surgery
The traditional technique for dental implant surgery is for the oral surgeon to perform the procedure free-hand. In free-hand surgery, the surgeon uses a hand-held instrument to place your implant. The surgeon places the implant after looking closely at your bone, gums, and nearby teeth. Exact implant placement can sometimes be more difficult with free-hand surgery due to human error.
Surgical Guide Dental Implant Surgery
Surgical guides fit to your teeth with guide holes for the implant surgery procedure.
Benefits of Surgical Guides:
- Guides are fitted for your mouth and help plan implant placement.
- While guides may not be a good option for hard-to-reach areas, they may make it easier to place your implants in exactly the right place.
- Guides may also allow for less invasive dental implant surgery.
However, guides do not allow the surgeon to make changes to plan during surgery. This may result in delays to complete your surgery. Sometimes surgical guides may not work well due to poor fit. This may also result in delays to complete your surgery.
Robotic-Assisted Dental Implant Surgery
There is now an alternative to free-hand and plastic surgical guides. Yomi provides dental surgeons with robotic guidance during surgery.
Benefits of Yomi for Dental Implant Surgery:
- The surgeon is in control at all times.
- Yomi combines your surgeon’s skill with the benefits of robotic surgery.
- Yomi provides assistance to the surgeon in planning and placing your implants, which helps your surgeon place your implant precisely for a natural look and feel.
- Yomi allows your surgeon to quickly make changes to your surgical plan. This helps make treatment easy for you.
- Yomi may also allow for less invasive dental implant surgery.
Yomi is not indicated for patients with no teeth, however.
What can I expect with Yomi Robot-Assisted Surgery?
If Yomi is right for you, your dental team will create a custom treatment plan. This plan will be made using Yomi software. During surgery, Yomi will assist your surgeon. Yomi will provide important information that your surgeon can feel, hear and see. Yomi will guide your surgeon to place your implant precisely to plan.
More About Yomi
Yomi Robot-Assisted Dental Surgery is cleared by the FDA in the United States as a computerized navigational system intended to provide assistance in both the planning (pre-operative) and the surgical (intra-operative) phases of dental implantation surgery. The system provides software to preoperatively plan dental implantation procedures and provides navigational guidance of the surgical instruments.
Patient Testimonial for YOMI
For more information, visit the YOMI website or give our Cupertino office a call: Silicon Valley Surgical Arts Phone Number 408-253-6081.